Question
Posted by: Susan | 2010/06/23

Ibogaine treatment after she went for detox

My daughter is in rehab after a week in Stikland. She has, obviously, no access to the internet, but has asked me to pose this question. She has heard about Ibogaine. Can she, after being fully detoxed, still go for Ibogaine treatment as she is determined to rid herself of her heroin use. She was using it for 11 months prior to Stikland and rehab.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Susan

Thank you for your question relating to the use of Ibogaine as a treatment modality assisting is the treatment of heroin addiction.

Ibogaine has not been licensed by the pharmaceutical council in South Africa and as such is not available as a pharmaceutical treatment option.

Numerous clinical trials has been done overseas but the results so far are inconclusive.

We recommend that you contact Harmony Addictions Clinic on 0217907779 so that we can set up a time for you to meet with the clinical team to discuss and implement a treatment plan for you.

Continuing care is crucial to your recovery as heroin is one of the most difficult drugs to put down on a permanent basis.

3
Posted by: Addictions expert forum | 2010/06/30

Dear Susan

Reply to Addictions expert forum
Posted by: Lovely | 2010/06/24

I am a recovering addict and taking one drug to get off another makes absolutely NO SENSE. your daughter seems to want to substitue ibugaine for heroine. she needs to learn how to deal with what is really going on. I hope that you as the parent is getting the help that you deserve as well! addiction is a family disease, stop enabling your daughter and start looking after yourself.

Me and my family got the most phenomenal help at Harmony Clinic. Give them a call, they are great people.

Harmony Clinic 021 790 7779

Reply to Lovely
Posted by: wk | 2010/06/24

well, I don''t know what ibogaine is but my boyfriend has been using subutex after he got out of rehab because he doesn''t have the strength in him to not let stresses get to him. Subutex just blocks the feeling you''d get from heroin, which hopefully helps them to cope better. Nothing blocks the thought of taking heroin when you are down, you have to deal with those thoughts in your own way

Reply to wk