Posted by: Naomi | 2008-11-07

I' ve become a recluse

Hi, I am biploar and have been well controlled for the past year. It has been a difficult year though. I moved back to Jhb and my job has not been going well. I feel that my boss is vivtimising me. Nothing I do is right. He finds fault with everything. I don' t know if this is related, but since I moved back and started this new job, I don' t go out anymore, avoid visits from friends at all costs and only go to the shops when I have to. My friends are putting pressure on me to see me, and I don' t know how to handle it. I just can' t get myself to go out. I am desperately looking for another job, but have not been successfull yet. Will it ever get better? What do I do? I am seeing a psychologist, but because it ' s the end of the year my benefits are exhausted and I can only see her once a month. I' m sure medication won' t help? Your input will be appreciated. Thanks

Yes, it can and will get better. If your Bipolar Disorder has remained well balanced on your current meds, best tio leave those unahcnged. The problems you describe, while unpleasant, are probably job-related and confidence-related, rather than due to the Bipolar Disorder, and Counselling would be the way to go ( along with continuing to look for a new job ). Are there perhaps options for an internal transfer within the company ? Is there an HR person you could discuss this with, who might help to limit the degree of unfair and unhelpful criticism you're getting ?

Posted by: Beppe | 2008-11-07

Im sorry to hear you are feeling like this and I dont know what to say aside from you are not alone. I feel the exact same and Im not even bipolar.

I hope things get better for you soon xx

Reply to Beppe