Question
Posted by: bernie | 2008/10/06

i' m uncontrolably sad

Hi CS i dont know what to do i' m so sad then i get angry then i feel like someone is going to abandon me it terrifes me i just want to cry and i dont cry, i have borderline personality and bi polar is this ok or am i going through another episode? last time i was in hospital

Hard to tel from a distance, bernie. But it is typical of a borderline personality problem, that the person is severely sensitive to feeling abandoned, even in situations in which that actually isn't happening, and an aim of counselling / therapy is to help them recognize that this is a sort of hypersensitivity they have, to recognize that in many situations though they may suddenly feel as though they are being abandoned, this is not actually what is happening, and to handle such situations better