Question
Posted by: Debbie | 2009/12/08

I' m pregnant

I just found out that i' m pregnant using a home test.
I am unable to get an appointment at my doctor until jan. what should i be doing in the mean time? I am a vegeterian.
is there any supplements i should be taking?
how much should i be taking?
are there certain foods i should not be eating?

I ' m anemic but i haven' t done a blood test in a while. i use to just take my iron supplements during my periods. should i still be taking them?
should I still be taking my multi vitamins?
can i still take Berroca?

can i still go to the gym?
I' m a classical dancer. can i still dance?

This is my first pregnancy and i' m totally freaking out.
I read about Pharmaton Matruella... is this good to take?

Help!
debbie

You should take a multivitamin such as Pregnavit M. This will provide you with the supplements you need for pregnancy. You can take extra iron if necessary.
You can go to gym but should avoid pushing your pulse rate up too high for too long.

2

Posted by: A | 2009/12/08

Hi. I take Centrum Materna and 1 folic acid tablet per day as per my gynae. Centrum materna has iron in it. I am sure you can still dance, but would be careful at the gym. (no running and weights). You can go to Lake, Smit and Partners for example and have a blood test done. You' ll get the results in about half hour. Blood tests are very accurate. I was also told not to drink coffee (tea is fine) and no chocolate, biltong (you' re ok as you' re a vegetarian), sushi, raw eggs etc. Hope this is helpful.

Reply to A