Posted by: Happy | 2008-11-10

I' m Pregnant

Hi after two years of using Depo, i only mentruated once then on my ovulation days i conceived i ' m only one week or two weeks preg because my gynae said i will have to see him again next month to size exactly how long is the pregnancy, i was only days when i went to see gyane, so i would like to know if it' s bad to drink coke when pregnant or not, or to sleep with my tummy facing down.

Coke in moderation is okay and it is fine to sleep on your tummy.

Posted by: Nikki | 2008-11-11

congrats!just want to know if you had any preggie symptoms and what were they cause i" m also ttc and was on the injection for 3 years.

Reply to Nikki
Posted by: FTM | 2008-11-10

Hi there,

it' s early, better safe than sorry... here' s a list of what to avoid...  o)

What not to eat when you are pregnant:

•  Raw Meats and Seafood including sushi - all uncooked and rare meats and seafood should be avoided due to high risk of listeria and salmonella poisoning.
•  Deli meats including hot dogs - these deli meats might be contaminated with listeria bacteria which may result in miscarriage or even a stillbirth. It' s safe to eat deli meats if you reheat them until steaming hot.
•  Refrigerated smoked seafood - for the same reason of listeria contamination. It is safe if they are contained in cooked dishes. Canned and shelf-stable versions are safe to eat.
•  Raw eggs - raw eggs may contain salmonella. Some Caesar salad dressings, mayonnaise, homemade ice cream and custards as well as Hollandaise sauces may be made with raw eggs. It is best to check with your server in a restaurant  if in doubt, it is best to avoid it. In addition, unpasteurized eggnog should be avoided.
•  Fish high in mercury - avoid high-mercury fish such as Shark, Swordfish, King Mackerel and Tilefish. Also limit fish intake to no more than 2 servings per week. For more info - read Is it Safe to eat Fish during Pregnancy?

•  Soft cheese - avoid the following soft cheeses: Feta, Brie, and Camembert cheeses, blue-veined cheeses, queso blanco, queso fresco and Panela. They are safe to eat if they are labelled pasteurized.
•  Refrigerated pâ tes or meat spreads - for the same reason of listeria contamination. It is safe to eat the canned or shelf-stable versions.
•  Liver - liver is a rich source of iron. However it contains a high level of Vitamin A. Large amounts of Vitamin A can be harmful to the baby.

•  Unpasteurized milk and juices
•  Alcohol - many documented fetal abnormalities and birth defects have been associated with alcohol use during pregnancy.

Coke contains Caffeine...

Enjoy a healthy pregnancy!

Reply to FTM