Question
Posted by: Enough | 2010/01/14

I' m leaving

Hello CS

I' ve posted and complained here before many times about my job situation. Nevermind if you don' t remember. I don' t expect that.

I am up to here with sitting at a desk having absolutely nothing to do. My brain is turning into porrible. I don' t know what has suddenly come over me. I have no other job lined up but I am just so sick and tired of being stuck in an office all by myself not being trained, no work to do. I' ve had enough of being a " PA"  to my boss because that is how it is turned out to be. I' m tired that I can' t work at our other office with all the others. I' m not even bothered if we move to a bigger space where we can all fit. I am so sick and tired of this set-up and all the promises of giving me more responsibility. My boss is on leave at the moment and I am just so gatvol of being here. As soon as she is back I am out of here for good and I will not feel bad. I have my family around me that will help me out until I find something else. SO SICK OF THIS NONSENSE. I' m young and my brain is groing vrot already. Can' t handle this anymore. NOT one single bit!!!!

Actually, I thought "porrible" was a neat description of horrible porridge. I already have the recipe for that.

Sounds like its not so much more responsibility you want, but more work. Isn't it sad that such badly run companies WASTE manpower, by employing able people and then doing nothing useful with them. Its as though a PA is a status symbol, so she must have one, like the company car ( equally a waste ) ; rather than that she has enough work to do, let alone to share with a PA so as to be even more effecively productive.

Any chance of at least getting that brain fit again by getting into voluntary work nights and weekends in some worthwhile NGO or charity, for satisfaction ?

15
Posted by: East london | 2010/01/15

thanks for your comments people, now i know I' m not cursed but I' m just like you, I seat in front of this pc the whole 8hrs,hence I came across your postings. But one needs to keep on applying and trying by all means to improve our education levels, believe me something good will come.(24yrs) turning 25 on the 25 - 05- 2010.

Reply to East london
Posted by: Enough | 2010/01/14

I am 24, turning 25 this year. I started when I was 21. I' ve become so lazy during this time. I want to study but I will need to find a way for funds to do this so I can at least better myself and contribute to a company one day to the best of my ability. I hope my prayers will be answered and I wish you all the best who are in similar situations.

Reply to Enough
Posted by: Me | 2010/01/14

E'  how old are you?
Yip, I' m not growing here either.
Just feel like a withered flower, thats what this place has done to me.
When I started here a few years back I was young, energetic, carefree, up for anything, loved life, enjoyed work but a few years down the line I' m stuck, I dont see any other move forward and wish I could be earning more and doing a job that actually makes a difference.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Enough | 2010/01/14

Point is I' m not growing as a person. I' m in this for nothing at all. I' m not benefiting myself or the company for that matter. Even after discussions about my situation, nothing has been done, no matter how hard I try. I' ve stayed here long enough and it' s time for me to leave now. New opportunties on the way.

Reply to Enough
Posted by: Enough | 2010/01/14

I have no benefits whatsoever. Absolutely nothing!!!!

Reply to Enough
Posted by: Me | 2010/01/14

Oh yeah! Frogot to mention that its not a wise move leaving without anything lined up. A friend of mine done that about 1 1/2 yrs back and she' s still stuck at home. With one little kid and no money as he pension was up before she even knew it was there. He hubby left her soon after she resigned and now she is back with her mom.
She has nothing at all and she' s cant find job So think it over again.

Reply to Me
Posted by: ME | 2010/01/14

Omg! I' m so glad I' m not alone!
I just get this feeling of wasting away her and its all my fault btu for heavens sake I cant just leave and go.
I work for a ' good'  company.

My salary is not good but it pays the bills and when I compare it to what other vacancies are offering I think I might aswell stay and waste her then get paid even less. I get lots of benefits too which I wont get anywhere else.

As for Liezle perhaps you should look on Gumtree.
Its so tuff finding the perfect job for you.
All I dream about is having a job where I do not have to sit infront of the pc whole day, something outdoor but not taxing and enjoyable.Is it but a dream...

Reply to ME
Posted by: Enough | 2010/01/14

My job does not need to be filled. It' s not even a job. Sorry to say. Why don' t u go to careers24 website. Besides, I live in a tiny town. Not going to help much with anyone. You' re the one that should put your CV out there. You must do the work. You will find something eventually

Reply to Enough
Posted by: Liezel | 2010/01/14

guys please don' t ignore me - i am a PA but i wouldn' t mind being referred to your jobs...

Reply to Liezel
Posted by: Enough | 2010/01/14

I always thought it was me. That maybe I don' t use enough initiative. What more am I suppose to do if there is just no work for me to do. It' s no use helping other colleagues who' s files are filling up and I empty them as a favour for them. Yeah sure that is benefiting the company. Right??? No more. I gotta get out. I wish I knew my path.

Reply to Enough
Posted by: No this is me | 2010/01/14

OMW - seems we are ALL in the same boat. I am in exactly the same position - i sit at my desk all day pretending to look busy since my " manager"  sits in the same office. She really doesnt even care what i do&  the fact that i dnt have any work. *sigh* i am an educated individual i have been struggling for months to find another job - no luck. Hang on guys.

Reply to No this is me
Posted by: Liezel | 2010/01/14

guys, i need a job - do you mind referring me for any of the 2 posts?

Reply to Liezel
Posted by: Me | 2010/01/14

Hi E!

Damn when I started reading your post I thought it was my own!
Just didnt remember posting it though.
This is so what I' m going through right now!
Mail me at zee dot help4you at gmail dot com
I' m sick of it too but cant leave my job just like that.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Enough | 2010/01/14

I meant to say porridge. See I can' t even spell right anymore haha...

Reply to Enough