Question
Posted by: Ang | 2009-02-04

I' m late ...

Before I had children I was VERY regular (Every 28 days on the dot). My first was born 2006, I then breastfed, had my period once or twice and fell pregnant, second was born last year, and I breastfed up till December. I had my period early December, THEN again it started on the 5th of January …  now I have had nothing yet.
Is it normal to be irregular after children / breastfeeding, or should I worry?
I’ m 28 years old.

Dear Ang
You should not be irregular due to childbirth or breastfeeding, but you may have had some factors that impacted on your hormone levels like weight loss or stress, so it is not necessarily a sign of a problem. Are you on contraceptives at the moment?