Question
Posted by: Spark | 2008/09/23

I' m back ....

With all the negative poo happening to me in the last few months, I thought it would never end. Suddenly, it has all gone ... nothing lasts forever, even the bad. With a positive mental health, a beautiful daughter, a great job, finances coming right (well trying to ignore the really ugly ones), being happy single, mostly loving myself and having faith in God, the bad negative has gone. It really works, handing all my worries and troubles over to God, does work. I never believed but I do now. Even if my God and your God might not be the same, I am not a very religios person mostly Spiritual, looking for the good in every religion, even that helps.

I read the message from Hylie who has the alcoholic boyfriend, Why would a person be so desperate for love to stay with somebody that will only destroy your life and drag you down to their level, when there are good people out there. I now believe there is something wrong with ourselves to believe love with somebody with problems, be it alcoholism, mentally unbalancied etc., can make us feel good about ourselves, to have that somebody to go to family braai' s or just to say to somebody I have a boyfriend. Doesn' t work.

At 41, I am glad I went through all the poo I did, I am a stronger person mentally and emotionally, but most of all, I realized that I am worthy of a better type of man, not some scum, that is if I let a man into my life again. I am worthy of loving myself, to enjoy who I am. I don' t regret the bad and the good in my life, for it has now brought me to a place where I am happy with me.

Not sure how long this feeling will last, but I will do my damdest not to go down the bad negative road again mentally.

Doc, you and all the advice I have been getting from all of you the last few months helped me so much.

I just want to say thank you for helping me find me.

Thanks for the positive message, Spark, and for reporting your achievements --- its good to remind others of what is posible. Please we were able to be helpful