Question
Posted by: Sally | 2009/11/16

I' m andry and lost

Lately I' ve been getting really angry for small or unknown reasons. I want to scream and hit and punch stuff. I can' t control myself and I cannot make myself calm down.
One moment I feel I can take on the world and the next I doubt my abilities, myself, my life. I want to move forward in life (work and family). Iwant to grow, but I am constantly in a battle with myself over if I can do it or not. I was never like this, I feel like I' ve lost control of my life. Is there something wrong with me? How can I find myself again? I don' t want to feel so out of control and helpless.
Please help!

There can b many reasons for becming excessively angry, either more angry than is appropriate, or for inadequate reasons. It can be related to Depression, or Anxiety, or stress, or a combination of these, or other causes. It sounds as though the central issue for you is about feeling helplessly out of control. For this, the best remedy would be Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) which can help you revise the habits of such negative thinking about yourself and your capabilities, help you regain control, and move towards fulfilling realistic and sustaining plans.

2
Posted by: smash mouth | 2009/11/17

Then punch! Work out the anger that' s built up inside of you and smack a punhcing bag until you collapse from exhaustion. This anger must come OUT.
And then also find other avenues that you can direct this power energy to: work, hobbies, gym, studying.
I think anger presents powerful energy but you can direct it to more constructive channels.
Also, of course you may need to see a counsellor to address what is making you angry.
You can' t keep letting out the anger just to have it filled up again by whatever is the root cause.

Punching bag. Work it!

Reply to smash mouth