Question
Posted by: ALLI | 2008/12/05

I WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT SOMETHING

HI THERE I AM ABOUT 6 MONTHS PREGNANT AND FINDING IT HARD TO COPE IS THERE ANY CHANCE OF GIVING BIRTH AT 6 MONTHS AND WHAT ARE THE RISKS.

The risks of giving birth at 6 months are that the baby has about a 50% chance of not surviving. If it does survive, it will have immature lungs , probably requiring ventilation and all its systems will still be very immature.

1
Posted by: Very happy mom | 2008/12/06

Your baby' s lungs will only be fully developed by 38 weeks, and still it is better to wait till 39 weeks. You must really not think about yourself at this stage, your babys health is from the utmost importance, he / she can actually die if you would go into labour at this stage. If you think it is hard to cope, wait till your baby is born, the first 4 weeks is more something to take into concideration. And also if he / she was born now, the poor baby will go into an incubator and hopefully he / she will survive. Rather praise the good Lord for this little mirical that is growing inside you now! My baby is now 5 months and he is such a joy in our lives. I also had a hard tiime from 6 months till the end, but it is all worth it, and you will forget it as soon as that little baby is in your arms. Try take on a positive attitude, take a cold shower every now and then it all helps. Take care.

Reply to Very happy mom