Posted by: Honey | 2009-09-29

I was diagnosed with CIN-3

I was diagnosed with CIN-3 in my pap smear& I have to undergo surgery what does it mean?& is it dangerous if I leave it?

I hope tha Anon has helped.

Posted by: Anon | 2009-09-30

Hi Honey.

First of all, good for you for going to the gynea. This enabled you to find out as soon as you did in order to now be able to do something about it.

I myself was diagnosed in October last year. I thought my life was over, but I can honestly say, I was paranoid for no reason. I had surgery two weeks after being diagnosed. I was told, since it was allready in stage 3, like yours, it is best to have it removed as soon as possible. The suregery you will have is probably LLETS (Large Loop Excersion of Transformation Zone). Very simple procedure, I was in theatre for just over half an hour. I was under general annesthetic and I hope you will be too. Your body will be sore for a few days aferwards and you will have a watery discharge for the first week or so. Later you might see little bits of black on toilet paper, which is nothing to worry about, only some dead tissue or dry blood. They cortorise the area where the tissue was removed which is the dry blood that you might see. Just be extremely vary of infection. I thankfully didn' t get, but apparently one can get it quite easily after surgery. Just keep an eye out and consult your doc immediatly if you suspect that you might have an infection. The little bit of tissue they removed from me was 1cmx1cmx3mm deep, which is fairly large area if you consider how small the mouth of the cervix is. They send the tissue away for biopsy to make sure the margins are clean. The recovery time is 8 weeks during which you will not be allowed to have intercourse or use tampons. Having to use maternity pads was the most horrible part of the entire experience. All I have to do now is see the gynea every 6 months for a couple of years. My next follow up is in November.

I truly hope that I have been able to put you at ease and I would love for you to email me so that we can chat about this if there are still some things that may bother you. My email address is pikkewouter at yahoo dot com.

I look forward to hearing from you.