Question
Posted by: Craig | 2009-01-28

I want to up my fitness level

I am playing cricket and would like to up my fitness level - are there any exercices that you can recommend for me to do please. more in the line of short sprints, etc - i dont really like long distance runing.

thank you for your time

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Craig

If you are planning to play professionally I would certainly recommend you get the help of a professional conditioning coach. However, if you want to continue on your own steam the best way to increase fitness it to do interval training – that can include any form e.g. running, cycling, swimming, rowing etc and it is also recommended to include a selection of cardio exercises. The basis of interval training is to push the body as hard as possible at different time frames get your breath back and repeat the process a few time – e.g. 1 min sprint, 1 min rest or 2 min sprint, 1 min rest or build the resistance up e.g. on a treadmill by using the incline, drop to the starting level and repeat again. Do some research on the internet to help you with some options.

Take care.
Vanessa

1
Posted by: Craig | 2009-02-02

Thank you for the response

Reply to Craig