Question
Posted by: celeste | 2009-06-02

i want to sleep forever life just isn' t worth it

My boyfriend and i broke up recently. I' ve had big breaks ups before, and nothing has ever felt like this. He moved out on sunday and i am now living all alone in our little apartment and its killing me. i couldnt eat last night, i cant do anything except lay on the floor and cry and check my phone every five minutes hoping hes sent me something. i have no friends. i only hav my mom and she has her own problems. i really am feeling like theres no way out of this. i dont have money to see a psychologist, i dont have medical aid. please help :( ( (

Don't let this disappointment harm you. If he could walk out on you and ignore your distress, he is not worth getting distressed about. Call Lifeline for someone to talk with right away, and there may be useful resources and support groups near you which could help. There may be a way for you to see a counsellor.
Otherwise Anonymous is right--- though it may seem impossible right now, you CAN and WILL get over this if you allow yourself to do so. Do not waste time lying around feeling bad, that only worse4ns it. Keep busy, with work with volunteer work ( met nice people worse off than you and discover your potential usefulness to others, which is useful for you. Get involved in church, charities, etc --- gradually develop more friends, as you need friends more than lovers at this stage.

4
Posted by: Francois | 2009-06-05

Hi, the samething happend to me a week ago. It hurts like hell. I' m a 30 male. The woman that i wanna married left me. You need to hold on..and you need friends..Please Contact me if you need to talk..I know how it hurts

Reply to Francois
Posted by: celeste | 2009-06-02

thanks everyone.... this pain is just so intense... my stomach is aching, my heart, i can' t stop the tears, i can' t breathe without pain... thanks for your advice

Reply to celeste

Been through it too, and tried to commit suicide too (twice) couldn' t even do that properly in my state of depression, some would say it was a cry for help, but in all honesty I really wanted to die. I couldn' t see myself living without him, he was everything to me, my first love my first everything, how could he just switch his love off, why did I have to suffer so much while he went to another. Yep I know that feeling all too well.
If I had known then what I know now I wouldn' t have been so hectic about it.
We have been broken up for more than 6 years, I found myself again, for 5 years I didnt have a relationship with anyone, I just partied with friends, spent time with family, worked, did things I couldn' t do when I was with him. I was still inlove with him, but time is always on ones side and that helped me get over him. Today I dont carry his baggage, I am living with my boyfriend and our baby and happy, we don' t have the perfect relationship, which is wonderful cos we both not blinded by love its based on reality so to speak. One day you will meet the one thats truly destined for you. This relationship didnt work out it just means something better is out there for you,
Dont try the suicide route, trust me no ones worth it and definitely not him.

I know how u feel, ve been there,done that. Trust me time will heal ur wounds.

Try keep urself busy, attend church ,join the gym or any social activity helps you meet new people. Its not too late to build new friendships.

That helped me a lot, and met people who encouraged me and motivated me, especially in church.