Question
Posted by: Cherise | 2011/03/09

I want to lose 10kgs

I am in my 25th year, have a BMI of 26 and I want to lose 10kg’ s (currently on 69.5kg) to get my body ready for pregancy. I started with the Herbalife program, it consists of drinking a balanced weight-loss shake combined with a protein shake, for breakfast and lunch. With a fruit as a snack in between. For supper you have to have half of your plate full of veggies, a healthy protein and some starch. Would you advice that this is okay if I want to get my body healthy before becoming pregnantKind Regards.

Dear Cherise
I am personally not in favour of weightloss shakes and over-the-counter slimming pills and products. If you do use the Herbalife shakes to lose those 10 kg, then make quite sure that you are not taking any products that contain herbal extract or high levels of certain vitamins (esp vit A), when you fall pregnant. The reasons for this are that many over-the-counter slimming products contain components that could be damaging to the health of the foetus and excessive intakes of vit A and some minerals like chromium are not advised during pregnancy. So if the shakes help you to lose the 10 kg, that is well and good, but don't take anything not prescribed by your medical dr during the time when you fall pregnant, during pregnancy and even during lactation.
Good luck with the weightloss and in falling pregnant

1

Dear Cherise