Posted by: Leigh | 2009-06-21

I want to fight for my ex husband!

Hi all,

I would really like opinions on this. My ex husband left me about 10 months ago, according to him we are already divorced, but my lawyer knows nothing about it. Everybody wanted to me to go ahead with me getting material stuff, but I loved him too much to take away his things. I still love him so much and my heart is breaking more and more. I haven' t seen him since he left, never got the chance to really say goodbye to him. I watched the movie " Fireproof"  and it made me strong and it made me want to fight for the man I love and the man I made a promise to. It will be very difficult to get him back, but nothing' s impossible with God, right? I didn' t cheat or anything like that, I don' t really know why he gave up on us, we were married for only 3 and a half months. He doesn' t want to talk or anything. But I want to fight for him, even if it' s the last thing I do!

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Hi Leigh,
you say you were married only 3 1/2 months, but how long did you know each other? You say you don't know why he gave up on you but I would like to challenge you with this comment and to be honest with yourself to possibly recognise some signs that were there that would give you an answer to this question. What's hard with facing such reality is not so much that we are admitting what didn't work, but that we are giving away a dream of living happily ever after.
The truth is, a divorce is not the end of your life. It is a change of direction. Which direction you take from then on will determine the quality of your future.
You deserve a Life Partner who will not walk out on you.

Warmest regards
Nadia | The South African Divorce Support Association
cell: 082 344 33 43

Posted by: Ja | 2009-06-25

Go for it!

Reply to Ja