Question
Posted by: Shoulda | 2010/07/22

I want to experience the joys of motherhood

Im an 29 yrs of age and I have been trying to fall preggies for over 5 yrs, I am not on any kind of contraception. I have been with my current partner since May last year and he has two children from his previous relationship. I have been put on clomid twice already, with no positive results. I went for a test to check if my tubes were blocked, results came out clear, I also did an STI test(incl hiv), the results came back negative.
I have always had an irregular period, I also had cysts over 10 yrs ago of which I had received treatment for and they have not recurred since. When I was in my early teens I used to apply a roll-on(deodorant) to try and make my underwear to smell good and I also used to wash my vagina with soap, inserting a foamy finger to try and thoroughly clean my v.
Now I am worried that the insertion of soapy finger in my V and the usage of a deodorant on my underwear could be the contributing factors to my not falling preggies.

Could I still have a chance of falling preggies after all this.

Dear Shoulda

It appears that the primary problem may well be that of irregular menses secondary to ovulatory dysfunction. This in addition may suggest either erratic ovulation or very poor egg quality or alternately an asynchrony between the ovaries and the womb, which in turn may effect implantation. The aid of a fertility specialist is extremely valuable in this regard and the use of Clomid by it’s self may not be sufficient to resolve the problem. Furthermore despite the fact that you partner has had children, I would still recommend a routine sperm analysis be done as things may have changed over the years.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/07/28

Dear Shoulda

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert