Question
Posted by: henry | 2009-11-25

i want to build muscles

i want to be really fit and build muscles i intend becoming a mdel but i dont have the 6 block packs and the muscles required

Hi Henry

Difficult to give you advice given that I don't know where you're starting from. Are you at the gym? Have you worked out before? Do you have anyone to help you?

Your goal is ambitious and given that you have this aspiration, then my best advice is that you should consider seeking out some guidance from someone who can sit with you and plan a proper programme. I can give you generic advice, and I will below, but you need to sit down and sort it out one on one if you want to succeed.

There is also diet, which is absolutely crucial, nd you need to sort it out to succeed.

In terms of the generic advice, If your aim were to build muscle, the following guidelines will help you:
· Perform 6-10 reps at a high intensity - use a weight that you could lift 12 to 15 times
· Perform 3-4 sets
· Rest 30-60 seconds between reps
· Train each muscle group at least once or twice a week
· Allow 48 hours rest between each muscle’s workout

If your aim were to tone muscle, the following guidelines will help you:
· Perform 10-15 reps but at a much lower intensity - use a weight that would allow you to lift the weight at least 25 times.
· Perform 4-6 sets
· Rest 30-60 seconds between reps

If you were to exercise three times a week, you will increase your toning but to a much lesser extent compare to training 4-6 times per week. The volume of your training is much more important than the intensity of your training, bearing in mind your aim is to build muscle.

Your improvement will depend on your initial fitness level. The greatest improvement will be during the first few weeks of your training due to the adaptations of your muscles. A training program is individualized and every person will progress differently. It is hard to tell exactly when you will see changes, but generally after two weeks you will feel stronger and after six weeks you will be able to see an improvement.

http://www.health24.com/dietnfood/Diet_basics/15-1168-1175.asp

It contains good advice, explanations and assistance with the different types of exercises for different body parts, and even programmes for different types of people. Well worth a look