Question
Posted by: **** | 2008/09/23

I want my puppy to be happy...

We have a 3 month old bulldog. Everyone says she needs a companion as we both work all day. I do visit her during lunch every day though.

As you know, bulldogs are extremely expensive, but I want to get the right companion her her. Any sugegstions on breeds?

Also - is it really true that two dogs are not necessarily more trouble and if you have one, you can have two?

I am so scared that we' re getting ouselves into trouble, as I think my pup isn' t very happy and worried about her when she is alone during the day.

Dear ****

Bulldogs will get on with most breeds. Two dogs do better if left than only one. Consider using a doggy day care.

1
Posted by: Chill | 2008/09/23

The best breed to get is the so-called ' homeless'  dog - please go to a shelter and take a look round. They' ll have a pretty good idea of the grown-up size of whatever puppy catches your eye, and they' ll also have sussed out if it gets on ok with other dogs.

I think you posted before, about your puppy. What makes you think it' s not happy? Bulldogs ALWAYS look gloomy - that' s their job!

Reply to Chill