Question
Posted by: Jakes | 2011/03/08

I want, I want, I want

Hi Doc, I''ve got this problem. I keep getting the urge to change cars, phones, gadgets. I had 16 different cars in 4 years. Every couple months a new gadget/phone. I''m wasting a lot of money that I don''t really have on all this! Why do I constantly want to change stuff?

How awfully sad. Sounds as though you don't really like yourself at all, and assume nobody else will like you either, so you must get the latest stuff, in the hope that they'll love your Stuff. Ratehr sp[end on seeing a counsellor / psychotherapist to get beyond this expensive and failing attempt to bolster your self-esteem

8
Posted by: Happiness | 2011/03/09

Definately self-esteem issues. You define yourself by what you have.You are trying to fill a bottomless pit. Until you decide to face the real person (inner you) you trying to run away from, you won''t find peace. Accept yourself and there''ll be no need to prove yourself to other people.

Reply to Happiness
Posted by: CHER | 2011/03/09

make me your gf so we can eat your monet together

Reply to CHER
Posted by: Liane | 2011/03/09

Why not try to give, give, give... Its more fulfilling.

Reply to Liane
Posted by: Jerk | 2011/03/09

Um stop spending dumbass.Just a thought

Reply to Jerk
Posted by: Mafia | 2011/03/09

16 different cars in 4 years? Thats a major turn over, give some money to the poor eish.

Reply to Mafia
Posted by: Hhayibo | 2011/03/09

and CS is supposed to know this how..? we should be asking you that question or is it your indirect strategy to brag..Cmon man

Reply to Hhayibo
Posted by: Maria | 2011/03/09

I wonder if your self esteem is closely linked to the stuff you''ve got? Do you worry that people will think less of you if you don''t have the latest and greatest in cars and gadgets?

I think you need to get involved in activities that will keep you busy and boost your opinion of yourself. Volunteer, sign up for a short course, join a hiking club... whatever interests you. Some counselling would also be a good idea so that you can figure out why you have this compulsion to change your stuff all the time.

Reply to Maria