Question
Posted by: Help | 2010/03/08

I want another baby

I have been married now for 6 years and together with my husband for 13. We have a 12 year old together.

HE had a versectomy almost 10 years ago and I was against it. I have wanted another child for years now and he has kept making excuses i wasn''t mature enough, when i lost weight, when i was more responsible, when we immigrated etc etc.. He then said he would do it as i was going to leave him, that was 4 years ago and i''m still waiting, i think he was just saying it so i would stay with him.

We had i fight this morning as i told our daughter she could do something and he said she couldn''t so i over rode him and said she could so he told her that he''s wiping his hands of her and that i must do all the disciplining and if her sees her F.. up once he''s going to pack and Leave.
How can he talk to his daughter like that and put all that stress on her. I''m scared to confront him as he gets so angry that he starts throwing things. He can become very violent.

I have given him money this month so can''t even go and find a place of my own and he has put us in so much financial crap that i probably wouldn''t be able to get anything anyway.

What do i do???

Realistically, H, if he had a vasectomy, h will not be able to father children ( trying to reverse a vasectomy is a difficult and expensive procedure and often unsuccessful ). For the other areas of conflict - wouldn't it be worthwhile to see a marriage counsellor together, to see what can be resolved ?
If he's in financial troubles and you have to give him money, how could he afford to leave ?

1