Question
Posted by: BABY AT 40 | 2009-10-26

I WANT A BABY PLEASE

Hi Doc, I have been tryin g to fall pregnant from my partner for the past 4 years now and nothing is happening. is it possible that the two of us are not compatible to make babies together, because we both have kids of our own from previous marriages. we are both 40 and Im scared time is running out. what can I do. please help. should I take a fertility drug or not?

Dear Baby at 40

If both of you have had kids before then this does not necessarily mean that the fact that you are unable to conceive now means that you may not be compatible. It is important to understand that when a female reaches the age of 40 her fertility potential is markedly reduced. However it is not impossible and the fact that it has taken 4 years and there is still no conception, I would advise you to seek help in trying to ascertain a cause as to why conception has not occurred. My advice is to see a fertility doctor or gynaecologist so that a cause can be found from either the male side or the female side. This should be done before taking any fertility drug.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: nomaswazi mokoena | 2009-10-29

HI! My name is Panic and i m 31 yrs old.i have been trying to fall pregnant for the past eight months. Im scared time is running out. what can I do. please help. should I take a fertility drug or not? i' ve been on Nuristerate(two months prevention injection) for 10 yrs since 1999 to 2009 Jan, and i started my period in july 2009 but till now nothing has happened.the other thing, me and my fiance are praying for twins. is it possible to have them?? hwere can i get a doctor that can help me with twins???

Reply to nomaswazi mokoena
Posted by: H | 2009-10-27

Hi. I would try IVF. Go to a fertility specialist and he will suggest a few tests you need to do to see where you stand.

Reply to H