Posted by: Samy | 2011-11-09

I wake up tired everyday

Di doc. I fall asleep without a problem every night at about 10pm and wake up at about 6:15am but cannot get out of bed, i still feel so tired, my hubby bounces out of bed and is up and at em straight away, I am still tired therefore I get so grumpy. I have tried to just get up and out of bed when the alarm goes off, but then I feel worse, I have to snooze my alarm about 4 times (5 min snooze) and then I can get up. Is there anything I can do to wake up feeling fresh and revived? I have been this way for years.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

After 8 hours good sleep you should be feeling full of the joys of spring! That you are not suggests that there is a problem with the quality rather than the quantity of sleep.

There are a number of conditions which can cause this, all of which can be treated. You will need to be tested at a sleep laboratory, but you should first consult a sleep doctor.

Posted by: Felicia | 2012-01-30

At night I just can''t fall asleep. I will be awake all night and fall asleep after twelve at night. I work during the day, so I do not sleep during the day. On weekends I also do not sleep during the day, because then it is even harder for me to fall asleep at night. I take a sleeping pill now that my doctor prescribed for me. I take only half of it and not the whole tablet. I still do not sleep through the night and wake up a few times during the night. The following day I feel tired. I don''t have enough ennergy to pull me through the day and I don''t feel like exercising when I get home after five in the afternoon because I am too tired. Pleas help!!!

Reply to Felicia