Question
Posted by: La | 2009-09-22

I wake up suddenly with pains in my chest!

I' ll be sleeping or about to fall asleep then i get up quickly (almost like I get a fright) and I have to gasp for air and most times I get a bad pain in my chest near my heart. One night it was so bad I got dizzy and had pins and needles through my body. Sometimes I also get a shooting pain through my head after waking so suddenly. I' m scared that it' s a heart attach or something serious that I' ll stop breathing. What is this caused from and what is it? What kind of doctor should I see?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Start off by seeing your heart specialist. It will probably turn out to be nothing, but get it checked out.

1
Posted by: La | 2009-09-23

Thank you for your reply. Can you recommend anyone in Johannesburg?

Reply to La