Posted by: Bee | 2009-04-02

I used to laugh at people like me

I' m 30 years old and overweight. For almost my entire life, everyone wanted to have my body, I was skinny and could wear anything.

I quit smoking about four years ago and settled with an amazing guy who I am married to now. Was also diagnosed with Bipolar disorder about 6 weeks ago, so on medication. However, shrink said that lamictin which I am on, does not cause weight gain.

I love eating, I just want to eat everyhting. I hate myself and the fact that I can' t seem to control myself. I mean, its actually easy if you think about if, I want to be thin, so eat in moderation and healthily.

why is it soooooooooooooo difficult?

Sorry, folks, for the delay in responding. I've spent an anxious day in the dark, as Tshwane City Council can't keep the lights on, and this is my third power-cut this year.
IS dietdoc on leave today ? Discuss this with your shrink, consider CBT counselling, see a good dietician, start an exercise plan, and don't keep any fattening food in the house to binge on

Posted by: T | 2009-04-02

I also used to laugh at people like me. Like you, I am overweight, Bipolar and love to eat. What goes around comes around...die wiel draai

Reply to T
Posted by: Liza | 2009-04-02

This is the only reason where women love to be losers  )

Reply to Liza
Posted by: BI | 2009-04-02

I know! I have to take appetite suppressants to help me stop eating. all I want to do is eat. Also Bipolar, got divorced last year and haven' t had the inclination to exercise and that' s made it worse.
I' m acclimatizing to being single again and all that stuff so I know I' ll exercise again, just seems too much pressure right now - so don ' t have energy for that right now.
But honey, the ONLY way is exercise:
1) It releases feel good endorphins - feel good = eat less
2) Exercise takes time, time you could be eating. less time to do nothing = eat less
3) exercise makes you look and feel amazing. look good = eat less

It' s the perfect solution... but it does take a decision to do it. Just do it! (saying that for me as well... LOL)
So girls, let' s do it!!! Shake off lazy and get cracking!

You' ll just love yourself more and more and be sexier and more energetic.

Easier said than done

Reply to BI
Posted by: Kelly | 2009-04-02

I totally love eating too!!! Can' t seem to stop myslef or to say NO!
I used to be so picky but now i eat almost anything lol
I never saw it as a problem until i actually saw the impact (of 10kgs gained)...Even that does not deter me!
Its hard and everyday i think to myself that i must put a plan into action but its just so difficult

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: lee | 2009-04-02

It might be that you using food as a substitute for something thats lacking ...Believe me i know exactly how you feel ,and its harder loosing the weight ...My only advise is just keep on trying work out a routine,try gyming,try dieting dont give up ...

Reply to lee
Posted by: Yip | 2009-04-02

Bee, dont feel the odd one out. There r plenty of girls in ur position. And they dont even suffer from any ilness, they just love to eat.

Reply to Yip