Question
Posted by: Thandy | 2011-05-02

I use contraceptive pills for my cycle

Since i was a teen i hasn''t automatically menstruate un il surgical and lot of test done. I want to fall pregnant but i am using pills for my menstruation. Is there a possibility to fall pregnant?

Dear Thandy

If the reason for using the contraceptive pill is to induce a period and if under normal circumstances you do not naturally get your period I would suggest that you have a full and thorough gynaecological examination. In particular you need to have your ovarian function assessed and to see if you naturally or spontaneously ovulate. Also the possibility of premature menopause and premature ovarian failure has to be considered. If you do not have any natural ovulation due to ovarian failure then it is unfortunately unlikely that you would conceive naturally.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011-05-09

Dear Thandy

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert