Question
Posted by: cordinator | 2008/12/05

i tryly believe it is not my fault

i am feeling very awful today, i am a codinator and i have a function currently on progress...the catering co messed up since the beggining of my fucntion. i have been complaining throughout.

yesterday was the final one, i reported poor service to the manager and someone i know got suspended and is about to be fired..

the very same delegates that complained about poor service are sending me back to the co to beg for the poor official not be fired.

I graciously went to the manager and begged her not to fire the officer but she said this was long pending and very little to do with me..

i have explained this to all the delegates attending the function but they are adamant is my fault.

My take in this issue is this, we have the labour relations act that guards against unfair dismissals and as far as i am concerned she is protected by the law and if i am required to give testimony as to the kind of service rendered generally by the company.

all of a sudden everybody is blaming me for reporting poor service including the very same people who received this poor service delivery..

One of them saiod this morning "  stop speaking english and fight for this official"  those word sort of haunt me in a way....even though i believe i am right, i meant for no one to be fired and it is unfair of everyone to start looking at me as the bad quy.

Sounds rather too democratic --- delegates may validly provide feedback about how they experienced a function, but should not get into interfering with management decisions, or hiring /firing issues. It sounds as though the woman in question had caused numerous disasters previously, and her sacking isn't strictly about your function or yourself.
Our country is threatened by this sort of people, who not only accept lousy service, but demand that people should remain in a job permanently even if they are obviously unable to cope with it. That does no good to anybody. You acted properly and exactly as any responsible person should. The hosting company made their own independent decision, and the worker is protected by the law, but not immune to foring if she is generally incompetent.

6
Posted by: wicked | 2008/12/08

you can pretend to be a good person but your response just shows that from deep within - you are wicked!! the fact that you don' t feel anything for this poor woman - says a lot about you!!! am glad i do not know you - but God will deal with you! it might not be you directly but your family members!!! what goes around my friend - comes around.

Reply to wicked
Posted by: Cordinator | 2008/12/08

thanks for sticking up for me POSH, i had this long response to Shameonyou, very nasty and i was a little bitter...after reading her e-mail, even convinced myself that the post is from one of the attendees, but i could not post it.

but i know that if i had responded nasty, it would not have made me feel good about myself either....

you said how i feel in the most direct way- so thank you.

Reply to Cordinator
Posted by: Posh | 2008/12/06

To Shameonyou, Are you nuts? It' s people like you who give this country a bad name, no one should ever have to endure bad service EVER. If this woman knows that she has a family to feed then she should warship her job and not be lousy at it. It often happens with people who are doing jobs they don' t like, they give terrible service. In my books if you do not like your job, quit and find something you enjoy, we spend 80% of our lives at work so we might as well be doing something we enjoy or else don' t bother.

To Co-ordinator, my take on this is that the lady in question has had this coming, it' s highly unlikely that you would be the cause of her loosing her job, your complaint was just the final straw. Don' t feel guilty about it, you were given diservice and you voiced a concern, nothing wrong with that. If we all did the same then service delivery in this country would be excellent, but instead we are stuck with bad service delivery and we take it. Good for you on setting an example, hopefully her collegues will learn from this and excel at their work from now on.

Reply to Posh
Posted by: Posh | 2008/12/06

Reply to Posh
Posted by: Posh | 2008/12/06

Reply to Posh
Posted by: shameonyou | 2008/12/05

do you know that that woman has kids? a family to provide for? how do you sleep at night - heartless bastard

Reply to shameonyou