Posted by: Anon | 2009-01-09

I think I' m on the wrong pill

Dear Doc

I am 25 years old and I have a 19 month old baby girl. I was bleeding continuously for 6 weeks after her birth and the clinic gave me the 3 month injection and still after another week the bleeding did not stop. They put me onto Ovral and within a matter of 24 hours the bleeding stopped immediately.

I was previously using Triphasel, but decided not to continue with it as it gave me terrible period pain and very heavy bleeding during menstration.

So for 18 months I' ve been on Ovral, although the bleeding is not bad and I hardly suffer from period pain I feel that it is too strong for me, as I am suffering from terrible mood swings so badly that my marriage has almost fallen apart as a result of it. My sex drive is non existant as I really don' t feel the need to be intimate at all.

As a professional and from what you' ve read, what pill should I try that you think would work for me, and that I can get over the counter?

I agree that Ovral is too strong to use long term. The type of Pill that suits a particular person, unfortunately, is a question of trial and error.
Try either Femodene or Yasmin.