Posted by: sad | 2008-11-06

i think i' m dying

Hi CS and anyone that can help,,, l have a very good shrink who always used to be there for me, she goes out of town for about 2-2.5 weeks every month so i started to also see her other shrink there which was very difficult for me. last night i had a crisis i cut myself very bad and wanted to kill myself i tried both my shrinks the one referred me to the other and the other just didn' t seem to care she ignored me, i planned suicide and tried to call lifeline but the women that answered was of no use to me she just kept saying.... sjoe! so i just put the phone down, i took lots of different pills and just passed out luckily but the feeling is still there, i dont know where to go for help and maybe i should stop whining and just slit my wrists

I don't understand, frankly, how any shrink can provide proper care for any significantly unwell patient, if the shrink plans to be absent for half or more of every month--- that is highly peculiar. And someone with such a highly peculiar practice CANNOT properly care for anyone in any way unstable or seriously unwell. Rather find yourself a shrink who has a normal and caring practice which includes being routinely available.
DON'T do anything further to harm yourself, either overdoses or cutting, or anything else harmful. Rather work aggressively towards seing a normally competent and available shrink. You don't need a dilletante, part-time shrinkette.

Posted by: Lin | 2008-11-06

Phone lifeline again. The best would be to ask to speak to someone else. Or get hold of a different shrink.
Please don' t do it. You are worth more than that!

Reply to Lin
Posted by: Rixi | 2008-11-06

There is ALWAYS a solution to EVERY problem.
No problem is SO big that we can' t get out of it, no
matter what.
Sometimes we go through a really bad dip, and we feel that we cant get out of it, but we can. The light at the end of the tunnel is not the train' s headlights, it IS actually your sunlight, and you WILL get there.
I have Manic Bipolar Disorder, and I go through ALL extremes. An absolute high, the lowest depression you can imagine, and then anger, where I feel I can kill someone.
I thought I was a freak and that I should just end it, but there IS treatment, and it DOES work. My Bipolar is under controll now, still there, but under controll. Trust me, I have been there, there is ALWAYS A WAY OUT.

Reply to Rixi
Posted by: sad | 2008-11-06

hi anon i' d really appreciate your help. my number is 083 320 6508

Reply to sad
Posted by: Anon | 2008-11-06

please give me your details i am a coucellor and would like to help you

Posted by: Anonym | 2008-11-06

My shrink is also very busy and usually only phones back the next day. You just going to scare yourself you could go to the hospital volutary and speak to the psychologist there if you don' t have a psycologist you can go and see. You would have to drink lots of water today (usually they put you on a drip and gives you carcoal to drink and you vomit alot).

Reply to Anonym