Question
Posted by: Unique | 2010/08/23

I think i was so close

After reading the signs of suicide on H24 i got so concerned that I amy have been very close to suicide a while back. I had reasoned that my mom &  sister would have each other -should I not be around. My husband would be free to find a woman he trully loves - in depressed state I had all the reasons why he didn''t REALLY love me. I thought about death all the time &  I cried a lot. At some point why driving my mind wondered to "  I wonder if I''d die if I hit that post, I''d probably need to be going fast" . For a while I could not figure out why my children would better off without me. Al last i thought - of course they''d better off not being raised by a depressed mom. I was not convinced though - that''s when I got help.

no question just thoughts.

I am, truly, so very pleased that you are still with us.
Maybe there are some people of whom you could truly say that the world would be better off without them - but they never ever think of suicide. Many seriously depressed people, sadly, convince themselves that this is so, and it never is. So very wise of you to have sought out help.
One thing it is so difficult to recognize while depressed, is that, and its well established by research, when one is depressed its like wearing very dark psychological sun-glasses - one selectively notices and believes not only every negative aspect of one's life, but believes them, however exaggerated, AND one selectively ignores and doesn't even notice, and positive aspects of life, and if noticed, disbelieves them.
So it is awfully easy to construct the constricting circles of negativity that make it seem sensible to do awful, and inappropriate things.
I hope the treatment has been successful, and that you are feeling better now.

2
Posted by: apparent retard | 2010/08/23

i am glad you didnt kill yourself. WELL DONE!
Please learn to read and re read and correct where necessary before you finish typing your post. The english language is highly effective when used properly, if english is not your first language then i apologise but rather use your mother tongue.

Allow me this opportunity ( i hate to waste them when given) to share a few moments of my life with you, whether you or all who read believe it or not.

i got stabbed 47 times and shot in the head. i died. i was 20. i have been murdered so many times its almost comical , first time i was only 13 at school had my head blown off right after being raped- if it wasnt " so sad"  - but here i am in the land of the almost living, so next time you think of killing yourself read this post, there are many many things you can still enjoy in this life, such as: -

-cocaine
-sex
-a sincere relationship with God
-heroin
-work ( personally i hate it and prefer to rest but for many people it brings much joy)
- the arts
- travel - the world is mighty big and theres much to see

And please remember you dont know whats waiting for you on the other side...it might just not all be shits and giggles so the above list may keep you in a much " happier place" 

Reply to apparent retard