Posted by: Ben | 2009-10-04

I think i sleep too much!

Hi Sleep Xpert! im a guy attending college, i realy have this problem of sleeping too much, i can sleep up to even 13 hours, and always very tired when i wake up, tempting me to sleep even more, i dont realy do anything that can exorst my body, nothing, just going to college for 4 or 5 hours and back home. i always sleep in the afternoon and always widely awake at night, is there something wrong with me? please help coz i think im stuck in a very big problem...

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Yes there is! You should not be tired after sleeping that number of hours. This means there is a problem with the quality of your sleep. You will need to be assessed by a sleep doctor, and you will rpobably need some sleep tests.

Posted by: Vuvu | 2009-10-14

Hi there i think I sleep too much because there isn' t a day that passes by without having a wonderful or nightmare dreams. Even in the afternoon if I have chance of taking a nap I will wake up with a dream. I sometimes get muscle pull when I get to bed. At work at times I feel like sleeping only for 10 mins then for sure I know I will get better. But of course one can' t sleep at work! I sleep for 10 hours at the most. Is it because I am lazy or have sleep disorder? Please help Mr. Expert! Thank you

Reply to Vuvu