Question
Posted by: Sucka 4 Luv | 2010/01/27

I think i should propose

I have been with this man 4 6 yrs &  3mths. We have a 12 month old 2gether. We don' t stay 2gether but a week never goes by without us seeing each other. We are generally happy together. I don' t see a reason why we should not get married. I want to spend my life with this man. Do you think it will be a good idea to propose marriage to him.

What's really the question ? YOu want to marry him, and after such a long commitment to each other and to your child, it makes excellent sense. Does he want to marry you ? Why hasn't he proposed marriage so far ? Have you discussed it with him ? Rather than springing a surprise proposal ( I see no problem otherwise with women proposing !) - wouldn't it be better to have a serious, calm, discussion about marriage, why you think it a good idea, and whether he has any significant concerns about it ?

2
Posted by: Sam | 2010/01/27

I am going to be very honest now  Don' t you think that if this man wanted to be married to you, he would have asked you already? Where else have you ever seen a mother and father, who are together, not live under the same roof? Maybe you are too smitten to see it, but this man wants to have his cake and eat it too. Chances are, if you ask him, you are going to get a big fat NO and a huge fight!

Reply to Sam