Question
Posted by: Loretta | 2009/11/06

i think i need help

Hi CS and all

i live with my bf, and each time i get angry, all hell breaks loose, i slap him, push him and throw water at him - i think i am abusive towards him and I NEED HELP, where do i start? as much as he provokes me by coming home late and drunk - i don' t think he deserves all this drama! I even wanted to run him over with my car!!!! Am i loosing my mind??? please help me please!!!!

Hi Loretta,
You start by seeing a shrink for a discussion and assessment, to clarify why you are behaving in this unpleasant way, which you yourself recognize as imappropriate and undesirable, and then planning the best way to change this behaviour. YOu're not losing your mind, but are to some extent losing control over your behaviour. CBT would probably be helpful ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) and once you are more in control of your reactions, maybe some sessions of couples counselling would help to let him reduce his provocative and annopying behaviours.

5
Posted by: Woman | 2009/11/19

Write a book

Reply to Woman
Posted by: Blossom | 2009/11/07

You have to go see someone urgently! I had a friend who did this to a guy who was kind to her, but made the odd mistake here and there. I think becoz she was exposed to pressure early in life, was dissapointed by men and her family over the years, she became so angry and resentful. She used to throw this guy with ashtrays if he wanted to see his kids from a previous marriage, treated him like an idiot and physically attacked him. He eventually left her and she committed suicide at the age of 32.

Reply to Blossom
Posted by: Loretta | 2009/11/06

Thanks woman - i feel so bad... i just go psycho, you know I just snap. it' s so unfair on my boyfriend

Reply to Loretta
Posted by: Woman | 2009/11/06

Hi Loretta,

You should go see someone as soon as possible. You have realised that something is very wrong, and that is your first step. But you will need someone outside your situation, someone who is objective to help you and work with you to get past this.

You feel you have no control over your emotions and physical reactionsand it can caused be a whole plethora of things and a professional would be the best person to walk with you and your partner on the path of healing.

Reply to Woman

Hi Loretta,