Question
Posted by: Mas | 2009/09/16

I think i messed up

Dear Cybershrink

I had a very bad conversation with my girlfriend yesterday - during the day she sent me an SMS telling that she was on her and could not wait untill saterday to see me. That is very unusual but she said she did not tell me before hand because she knew i would object...She works as a teacher hence, i normally don' t encourage her to come during the week as that may disturb her praparation -especially because transport is problem where i stay fine.

Mind you i was supposed to be working overtime- and she knows, then she says i could work untill late and she will wait for me and to the shoppin in the meantime.

I though long and hard about working but i decided "  you know what no money is worth my gf lingering around waiting for me. so i call her to confirm - she says she is already waiting for me at the bank ( i live near the bank) i stopped everthing and went to see her - but when i got there - she was not there only to tell me it was BIG JOKE.

I phoned her to tell her i was not happy with her jokes and she was crushed...as she did not mean any harm. I know she did not mean any harm , i told her not to say sorry but not to repeat it again.
She phoned me this morning- telling she did not sleep yesterday because of that she is very sensitive you know- i am beggining to regret having told her

I don't see why she should feel so crushed --- there was nothing even remotely funny in what she did, which disrupted your job and might even have lost you your job. Its not enough, in life, not to MEAN or intend any harm, ; it's almost as bad to be so stupid as not to see that your silly actions opr words are likely to cause harm.
Do not apologise to her --- it was she who did wrong. But uf you care for her, say that though it was wrong and very upsetting for you, you don't intend to hold it against her, and want to sort it out --- on the weekend. And meantime, no more sudden meetings during the week. You are considerate towards her, and she should be the same towards you

3

Is her name Nicole Harris and does she live in America by any chance?

Posted by: C | 2009/09/16

She is clearly still very immature. What a lame joke.

Reply to C