Question
Posted by: james | 2011/10/26

I think i mesd up

I am having a slight challenge with a ma gf at the moment, she opened my facebook and went through my chats. Now there are a few people I have been chatting to and some of them are female. In 1 one case I met a girl during december in a taxi.spoke and reconnected through facebook. We came from the same place and she asked that when I come home again,we should go for a cofee. I was home this weekend and i did not inform my gf about this. i dnt thnk sh wud apprv or she needed 2 kno.....but i she found out and now is angry.

Suppose I shld andastdnd. now there is an issue every message that comes through the phone she wants to see it. I am not sure how to handle this, I am not cheating ...and I feel like apologising at the same time it will not be authentic.

Does it, perhaps, depend on what you're chatting about ? Its good to know that you're not cheating, but keeping such a meeting secret, even if its entirely innocent, makes it seem as though there's something wrong. And what happens when this friend from your home town posts something on Facebook about how nice it was to meet you ?
Although the readers who have responded so far seem unanimous that this was at least quasi-cheating, I;'m not so sure. They seem to be assuming that when someone is your girlfriend, you shouldn't speak to or meet for coffee any other woman whatever, which seems a bit paranoid and extreme

5
Posted by: Jennifer | 2011/10/26

Yes James, you did mess up. How on earth can you go and meet a girl that you met in a taxi without telling your girlfriend???? Is it REALLY the fact that you didn''t think your girlfriend would approve, or did you feel uncomfortable about her knowing?

You hide it- there must be a more valid reason than " you thought..." - either you know there is more than just friendship or you just know that it''s wrong to lie like that.

You should apologize and you better make it authentic- you might as well be cheating with that attitude.

Reply to Jennifer
Posted by: Nonni | 2011/10/26

Yes, Agreed, You messed up. The best thing you can do for yourself is to take the girl off facebook, give your gf your facebook password and let her check on you any time she wants to sattisfy herself that there is nothing going on that can hurt her.

Reply to Nonni
Posted by: Ty | 2011/10/26

I agree 100% with ABC, you proberly enjoy the attention you get from other girls, you proberly have done something like this befor to make her check you facebook chats in the first place

Reply to Ty
Posted by: ABC | 2011/10/26

Ommiting something on purpose is exactly the same as cheating. Why do you feel the need to chat, connect and meet up with other girls when you have a girlfriend? Your girlfriend has the right to be upset and she distrusts you now - something which you caused.

Reply to ABC