Question
Posted by: kerry | 2008/10/12

I think i have mumps.

Myears feel tender and i have a lumps or swollen gland on the one side of my neck. its sore to the touch and i am stuggling to open my jaw or eat with out it being painful. What are the symptoms for mumps?

Dear Kerry

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is possible that you have mumps. If you experience pain and discomfort when drinking red wine, eating something sour, you definately have mumps. There is no definate treatment for mumps, except bed rest and anti-inflammatory medication.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: Alen | 2009/02/01

My son of 11 has a swelling on the upper left jaw bone. He has a headache but no nausea, no throut or ear infection. His teeth seem fine and he can still eat, but has pain when he opens his mouth. The swelling has increased, but not like a swollen gland.
Alen.

Reply to Alen