Question
Posted by: Ugly Wife | 2011/08/23

I think I am jealous

I don''t know what is wrong with me. It''s like I am jealous over my husband. Ok so I have a car and we using the one car. He takes the car to work and he uses the car 90% of the time. But we do need another car as I am getting a lift with people from work and when they not at work, it''s a struggle, also month ends he is working and than I use the car for shopping and what not, but always rush coz I know I must still go and pick him up and what not. So with this, we discussed buying another car in his name, we married COP ok. Anyway to cut a long story short, things are starting to to happen now, now that we almost have the car I am so negative. I go on about money, we rushing into things, how will we make it, etc. I am in fact nasty to him. Coz basically we will be taking half of his salary to give as a deposit. I am going on and on about how we WON''T have money mid month and blah.blah..... I am a very positive person, I believe in going for your dreams, I believe in prospering, but now I am so negative. We tried several places for a car and got declined at a lot of places, now that a dealer actually approved us, I am so negative. I am trying so hard not to feel this way. Good grief how can I be jealous over my husband. It''s like I like him to depend on MY CAR if a person can put it that way.

Clearly, you need to sit down calmly as a couple and talk this through. Isn't there a better way to share the car until you can manage to get another car ? Could he take you to work, at least sometimes, or vice versa ? If the car is in your name, you should have more say in how it gets used.
Its interesting that you seem to be saying that you have begun feeling MORE negative as the possibility of getting another car gets closer.
Its not so clear from your message what you feel jealous of - that your husband has all the advantages of the use of the car, and you don't ? That's not so much unreasonable jealousy as realistic and reasonable concern about properly sharing a scarce resource between you

6
Posted by: be | 2011/08/26

i guess i am just jealous because i wish i only had small problems that can be solved. My life is just an endless battle of illness, depression and oncoming death :(

Sorry...

Reply to be
Posted by: Queen | 2011/08/25

Worrying about those " bigger problems"  will not solve anything anyway. Its like rocking a chair  doing something but getting nowhere. So why waste your precious short time on earth worrying about the world (and things you have no control over) when you can just focus on your own happiness.

Ugly wife seems to have a clear understanding that if she doesn''t take care of herself emotionally, spiritually etc then no one will.

Reply to Queen
Posted by: be | 2011/08/25

i am not the 1 who is narrow minded Queen!!! there are so many bigger things in this world to worry about besides material possessions.. i only wish everyone had silly problems like Ugly wife! life would be so easy then...

Reply to be
Posted by: Queen | 2011/08/25

Be

You are so mean &  narrow minded!!
Just because you can''t relate to other people''s problems does not mean they don''t exist.

So what it other people are starving &  ill? Does that mean we are not supposed to voice our " petty"  concerns regarding our own lives? We are not here to save this world, so stop judging.....

Reply to Queen
Posted by: be | 2011/08/24

seriously, there are so many people in this world suffering from " ACTUAL PROBLEMS"  and u worried about your stupid car???!! makes me mad... open your eyes and be thankful for what u have and what u are able to afford.. and read the news and pray for the people who are losing their lives, are ill, or starving.. they are the ones with problems.

Reply to be