Question
Posted by: Help | 2008/07/18

I think I am depressed

I need help? I cry all the time, I hate my life, I feel like I need to go " away" 
I cannot deal with day to day issues, as it makes me cry-especially if it is a difficult decision to make. I feel like I have no friends, I feel like my fiance'  doesn' t care about me. i can' t go one like this anymore. Please help-i don' t want to be here anymore!!!

This does indeed sound like Depression, which is very unpleasant but fortunately generally responds really well to proper treatment. So arrange to see your GP as soon as practical and tell him/her exactly how you are feeling, and discuss referral to a good local shrink, for advice on possible medication, and CBT style counselling. Things are likely to improve between you and your fiancee as well, and its likely that the depression has both increased any difficulties that might exist between you, and its probably also encouraging you to see the gloomiest view of what's happening

1
Posted by: Maria | 2008/07/18

Please make an appointment at your gp as soon as possible, and go for an assessment. Ask for referral to a psychiatrist and/or psychologist. I know life feels pretty awful and pointless when you' re depressed, but with therapy and meds it can get a whole lot better. You owe it to yourself and your fiance to get the help you deserve. Until you can get to a doc, call Lifeline on 0861 322 322 if you need someone to talk to.

Hang in there.

Reply to Maria