Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2010/11/04

I think i am crazy

I think that I have a mental condition, my behaviour is not that of a rational human being sometimes. I am a 29 year old male, I have a good job, I have always been the number one student, I also graduated cum laude, but I feel like I have a mental condition. My girlfriend has a child with someone else and I find myself sending his abusive emails (we work for the same company) from a fake yahoo account. I also get myself into a blind rage sometimes and say and hurtful things and when i do it''a like I am cold, like I don''t have a conscience. When I calm down I have deep remorse for what I said and did but when I am going through that I don''t feel like me. I feel like it''s a different person and I am watching from the outside.

I don't hear anything suggesting "a mental condition" but more about someone who may have been spoiled and who is behaving badly. Why rage against your gf's ex ? He did nothing to you.
See a psychologist / counsellor for a proper assessment, and a discussion of the problems identified and an exploration of ways of solving them.
There are many possible explanations for this situation which you have the good sense to recognize as unsatisfactory and needing revision. The need is for an expert tyo help you identify the explanations, and devise a way of solving them

7
Posted by: Apple | 2010/11/05

Hi Anonymous and Linus,

I also have the exact same problem. I also go into a rage where I have no control over myself - it is like a switch in my head and I am on auto pilot. In that stage I just don''t care what I say or do or how I hurt other people.
It also doesn''t feel like me  also feels like it is someone else or something has taken control over me.

When I calm down, I feel terrible about my behaviour!

To be honest with you.... I thought that this is normal - it is called rage and that everyone gets it. The only difference is that people get it on different levels - depending on your personality.

It will be interesting to see what our Cybershrink says.

Good luck.

Reply to Apple

Posted by: Linus | 2010/11/04

Well Anonymous...I have the exact same problems as you and I have been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome after many misdiagnoses. This diagnosis explains everything to me about whats going on with me and its like I have been delivered. Now that I understand it I can manage things I used to have no control of. I am not saying that you have Aspergers as I am not qualified to do that but do a search on " aspergers and rage"   you might find it interesting and all the best.

Reply to Linus

I can''t believe you people!! People don''t come here to be judged, or let idiot''s - LIKE YOU - tell them that he needs a " klap" . Are you seriously that self-involved that you feel you can browse sites and give people k*k?? Seriously, get a life.

Anonymous, you should read up on Bipolar, sounds like it might be that. My sister has it and has very similar behaviour...

Posted by: Amego | 2010/11/04

Ok...leave your girlfriend, play the field have some fun...the woman in your life is causing you trouble with her ex right? you dont need that my friend, move on from her and get a woman who can finish relationships like a human being without baggage.

you are not mentally ill trust me!

Reply to Amego
Posted by: Kate | 2010/11/04

A hard one, snap out of it!

Reply to Kate
Posted by: lm | 2010/11/04

you need a good smack!!!

Reply to lm