Question
Posted by: Leanne | 2010/05/05

I struggle very badly to wake up in the morning!

Hi doc.
I really struggle to wake up in the morning (winter or summer) I use my cell as an alarm clock and hit the snooze button which is for 5 min about 8 times, and in between those 5 minutes I fall fast asleep!!! I have tried waking up very early, nothing changed. I then set my alarm to only go off late and it doesn''t help. I have tried going to bed earlier and later and nothing changes this.
What can I do to help me get up and out of bed???????
I also wake up in a very bad mood most mornings, especially if I have been woken up.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Firstly check that you are getting enough sleep. If you are sleeping less than 7 1/2 to 8 hours, it may be just that your body needs more sleep, which i why it is difficult to wake.

Remember that sleep is essential to survival and to functioning properly. If you are getting adequate sleep, you probably wont even need an alarm.

If you are sleeping this kind of time, but still have problems waking, you may have a problem with the quality of your sleep. In that case you might need a sleep test.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010/05/05

Reply to Sleep expert