Question
Posted by: Patrick Baldwin | 2012/09/12

I sometimes get a dull throbbing pain in my left arm after eating

Aged 72yrs. Blood pressure normal ( on medicine). Non - smoker. It seems to be after eating a heavy meal - the pain is accompanied my an increased heartbeat.

Expert ImageCardiologist

Dear Patrick

Thanks for your query. The symptom that you describe does not sound at all as if it is heart related, however as you are 72 and are on treatment for high blood pressure your risk of vascular disease is by definition high. I would therefore have the symptom checked out by your doctor. Apart from the examination you should also have both resting and exercise ECG’s. A normal exercise ECG will go some way to proving that the symptom is not related to your heart, but please bear in mind that ECG’s, like witnesses in the witness box, do not always tell the whole truth. If doubt remains, please arrange to see a cardiologist.

Kind regards, JT

1
Posted by: Cardiologist | 2012/09/20

Dear Patrick

Kind regards, JT

Reply to Cardiologist