Posted by: Bob' s Girlfriend | 2009-01-12

I need your help please

I do not know how to express my problem. Or how to explain to you why I always feel like I do, I will try by giving you a couple of sentences:

I am the girl that always has to fill the silence
everyone has more fun than me
the party is where ever I am not
if i can ONLY have this or that THEN i' ll be happy

I always feel like im being done in. I always fight for everything. I always get dealt the bad food in a restaurant, I always get the worst present, whichever lane I drive in it' s the slowest etc...

I need to get over this to be able to be happy in life and to accept myself and my life.

Any advice dear CS?

Hello BG, nice to hear from you again,
Sounds like a perfect case for CBT --- a set of habits of thought and behaviour which create unhappy situations for you, and where changing these assumptions and the way you respond to them, could remove the problem.
If you have ever read the great Winnie the Pooh books, this is what I call the Eeyore Syndrome. Eeyore had a great talent for seeing the gloomy side of everything Ho, HO! Merriment and whatnot!" as he would say.
And I think Cj's point was that if you start with such a profoundly negative set of expectations, those themselves tend to create situations which appear to confirm them.

Posted by: Um | 2009-01-12

Seems you are always comparing what you get to what others get. Focus more on yourself and what you' ve got. You should not be thinking - I got the worst present - you should be thinking - wow, what nice gesture and remember that there are a lot of others living without that luxury.

Reply to Um
Posted by: PTR | 2009-01-12

I agree with CJ. Start making an extra effort to see what is good and positive in your life and write them down. In the evenings, go over them before you sleep. Focus on only the positive stuff. Good attracts good. You' ll see great things happening.

Reply to PTR
Posted by: Jane | 2009-01-12

Dont worry, whenever I am in the supermarket queue, I ALWAYS get the old lady who counts out her change in 5c coins, and the woman with the leaking milk or broken eggs, or the faulty barcode. Doesnt matter which queue, or how many times I chop and change, or drum my fingers, still always happends. Just have to laugh it off I guess.

Reply to Jane
Posted by: Anon | 2009-01-12

You have a seious chip on your shoulder

Posted by: Pop | 2009-01-12

CJ - you think? Gheez that was a real brilliant comment.

Reply to Pop
Posted by: CJ | 2009-01-12

Sounds like your outlook on life is negative which would draw negative attention

Reply to CJ