Question
Posted by: Desperate | 2008/05/31

I NEED YOUR HELP

I suffer from some form of infection (i think) on my hands. It starts out as a small (and I mean small - about 2mm across) rough dry patch which seems to be thick (the skin). This then gets bigger and the skin in the area becomes very dry and flaky. My hands then hook on everything which inevitably causes the bracking and bleedigng to become worse. It gets bigger and bigger, till like now, the entire top of my thumb is full if dry flaky cracked skin. I get it on my knuckels, sides of fingers, top of thumbs etc. It is VERY VERY painful because of the cracking / bleeding.

I'l really appreciate any advice. I have been to dermatologist who either give me a cortisone cream, which hoes nothing, or I get given an oily ointment, which also does not work, as I work in an office, and the greasy ointment is not viable, as you can imagine.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Unfortunately, the dermatologist has given you the correct treatment. You can however, still do allergy testing to find out if this an allergic reaction or not.

Kind regards