Posted by: Jae | 2009-07-15

I need your advice please!!

Hi, I' ll try to make this long story short, my boyfriend asked to use my car yesterday, he sent someone to collect it from me at work yesterday and the agreement was that he would bring it back by 16:30 when i knocked off. he left the country and my car is with the guy he sent, I never saw it again yesterday because suddenly the guy had no transport to gome home when he was done I had to find a lift home last night and this morning I use public transport. I asked my bf how this guy would be getting home if he didn' t have transport then he told me he will make a plan, this guy still has my car and my bf is still out of the country. i sent my bf an sms this morning saying he needs to make another plan because they are inconveniencing me and they never discussed or prepared me for this, I was blue in the face yesterday having to ask for a lift from other people, this morning also when i had to freeze and had no idea where to catch the bus and eventually made it to work LATE. he replied to my sms saying he only asked me so i can feel important but there' s a lot of people he could have asked but he didn' t want to hurt my feelings, he' s sorry and will never ever ask me for a favor again if i' ll bitch like this over a car. he says he' ll never ask me for anything ever again, I find this unfair because he' s very comfortable wherever he is and he' s laying this guilt trip on me, I' ve called him today to find out when i' ll be getting my car back but he' s not giving me a clear answer, I got so upset i even brought up all the times he said he would do something for me and never did, I never complained. I just don' t know what to do now because no matter how many tantrums i throw I still don' t have the car, I don' t know how i' m getting home today but the big question is do I stay in this relationship I feel so used.

Why not cal the police and report your car as stolen ? You bf has no right to make a messed-up plan like this with someone you don't know, to disappear with your car, and then leave the country ! His response to your message is truly pathetic. How lucky you are if he never again asks you for such an outrageous favour ! He's much more concerned that this other guy should like him than that you should be happy. He's no boy-friend, he's just using you, and now encouraging his pals to do so, too. Report the car stolen, lay criminal charges --- the guy never had your permission to keep it --- and dump the lousy bf

Posted by: Jae | 2009-07-15

My so-called bf has been dodgy the whole day, I told him i want my car today and that i' m not dropping off the guy any place- he' s gonna bring it back here and find his own way to wherever he came from, I also called the guy and told him he needs to be on his way now bringing the car otherwise i' m calling the police, he didn' t sound like someone who' s happy to bring it back but who cares, I can' t believe i' ve been so stupid if this is the price you pay for being kind i really don' t know...

thanks CS and Liza

Ohh, the car is here (all the petrol used up) but it' s here

Reply to Jae
Posted by: Dude | 2009-07-15

you way to smart 4 this guy, he has stolen ur car an its time to tell him if its not back now u gonna report it as stollen..

do ureslf a favour an dump his lame-|-a.s.a.p.

Reply to Dude
Posted by: Liza | 2009-07-15

This ' boyfriend'  sounds like he' s just using you. His logic is also severely illogical. How is he doing YOU a favor by borrowing your car? His attitude needs extreme modification, but due to the selfsame attitude he won' t admit that there is something terribly wrong with him.

The question shouldn' t be whether you should stay in the relationship, but how fast you should be running away!

If I were you, I would immediately have the car reported as stolen. Then let this a-hole (and his friend who has your car) know that you' ve reported the car as stolen and will press charges unless the car is returned TODAY!

Good Luck

Reply to Liza