Question
Posted by: Desperate | 2008/08/17

I need some help.

I broke up with my first boyfriend 6 months ago. We dated 2 years. I' m not moving on. I' m still working and do all the things I should do but it feels like I' m dieing inside.

I get asked this question so often, as if there is some simple, secret answer that rapidly makes it all right. The ONLY solution if one is stuck in a relationship that is actually over but reluctant to let go 0f it,m is to see a good local counsellor and explore why you are so reluctant to let go and move on, and work at achieving that. It's also possible, as your last comment suggests, that you have become depressed, and are, psychologically speaking, spinning your wheels without gaining traction, and treatment of the depression might help the broader process, too