Question
Posted by: sad | 2008/09/25

i need an increase

hi people and doc. ive started working for this fairly new company in may this year prior to that i didnt have a job for 5 months so when i got this job money wasnt much of an issue wat mattered the most was my independance.problem is i work like a dog for a rude and money greedy indian and my R1800 salary a month is now not enuf to meet my needs and im afraid to ask for an increase as the other workers are geting R8 an hour and it seems so unfair because i get more then them. i have a diploma in business and computers and i cant get a decent job i feel like such a failure. im 20 and have my whole future ahead and i need money.what if he fire' s me because i asked for an increase? sometimes something is better then nothing.but i just cant manage on that salary anymore and ive tried to apply for other jobs but no luck yet.

thanx for taking time to help me

I'm sure other readers ought to be able to make helpful suggestions on such issues as asking for a raise ( I've never been good at that skill myself ! ) I'm not sure what's best to do in your situation --- perhaps ALL the workers in this company are being exploited. Maybe consulting the Dept of Labour or some such authority would clarify your rights. Dont consider yourself such a failure --- the economy is tough these days, and many well qualified and very able people can't get jobs for quite a time. Don't give up on yourself, and keep exploring for other and better jobs. I'm sure you will succeed before too long, so long as you keep trying

3
Posted by: sad | 2008/09/25

hi kelly im in durban.thank you anyway

Reply to sad
Posted by: Kelly | 2008/09/25

Hey!
mail me at ferialrose8 at gmaildotcom if you in C.T
I could forward you some jobs you could apply for

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: sad | 2008/09/25

and also how do i ask for an increase as ive never done that before

thanx again

Reply to sad