Posted by: bubbles | 2008-11-03

I need advise and help

This question is 4 the guys: I met someone who i have chatting to for a while and I really like him, we had a very nice evening 2gether and he kissed me when he dropped me at home, and he told me he would love to c me again. How does one knows if he likes you (me)
Then I want to ask the Doc. I am a mature female not sexually actve and i had sex after a very very long time and it was very uncomfortable, is something wrong? plse help

Bubbles, it depends on several things. If you are post-menopausal, then it can be that your hormone changes have left your vagina dry and thinning out - in which case penetration is likely to be uncomfortable and you will need to possibly explore hormone replacement, but certainly need to get a good vaginal lubricant to use on a daily basis and take it slow when it comes to sex. If you have not experienced hormonal changes which could change the way your body responds, then I would suggest that it could be that the you experienced some anxiety regarding being sexual again after so long and were either not sufficiently lubricated and/or tensed up on penetration; both which can cause discomfort. If this is the case, I recommend again getting a good lubricant (there are plenty on the market - if you are using condoms, make sure the lubricant is waterbased) and take time to ensure you are sufficiently aroused and take the penetration slow - perhaps try to make it part of foreplay where you gradually relax more and acclimatise yourself to penetration again (this is easier if you are on top).

If you continue to experience difficulties, don't be shy to find a health care practioner who can assist as required.