Question
Posted by: Stephanie | 2009-07-05

I need advice plz.

Since my surgery in 2007, my sleep is getting bad. I told my dr and she gave me sleeping pills, but I stop the piils because I don' t want to get added to it, but I can' t fall to sleep right away when I go to bed at 10:30 pm,if I don' t drink benadyl it takes me a long time to fall as sleep and if I do I wake up around 2 or 3 am and I can' t go back to sleep. When I don' t have to work I go to sleep late and I don' t have any problem and I don' t drink anything frid and sat, but Monday threw thursday I drink Benadryl so I can get tired and go to sleep. Do you think is bad or dangerous to keep drinking Benadryl? I just drink 1 pill night so I can sleep. I wish I can do anything else to fall as sleep with out any medication, but I can' t be awake all night aether. I need to sleep so I won' t be tired at work. I work at the computer 8 hours a day. Please what else I can do.I don' t really want to depend of any medication. Email me please.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

It is not a good idea to keep on using this medication to sleep. It sounds as though there are a number of issues which need addressing. I would suggest that you need a referral to a sleep doctor to help you get better control over your sleep.