Posted by: Dollie | 2009-01-09

I need advice

im 17wks pregnant and i want to go for an abortion. mty worry is how safe it is for me

At 17 weeks there are a few indications for abortion, rape being one of them. You need to see someone quickly though, so as not to miss the 20 week cut-off. As with all procedures there can be complications. If it is done by a medical professional the risk of complications is low.

Posted by: eml | 2009-01-13

please dont do that no matter the situation you are in , i know of people who did abortion , and only to become victims of future infertility, please please dont , can you please write back and tell the users of this site that u reversed your mind / changed please i beg, you i dont judge you , but please just DONT DO IT' ' ' i ' ll pray for you and your baby for the best and healthy i beg you once more DONT?

Reply to eml
Posted by: wvw | 2009-01-13

I will not judge you but think clear before you do that it will come back to hunt you and say you do it and in 5 years time you try to concieve and u get the news that you will never have a child then it is to late u can not turn back the time

Reply to wvw
Posted by: t | 2009-01-12

If u don' t want to have a baby stop opening your legs &  abstain.

Reply to t
Posted by: I agree | 2009-01-12

with pro babies. its as simple as that! If you dont want to go through the ' ' trauma' '  of an abortion, then DONT DO IT. Many other people would be HAPPY to raise your child if you DONT WANT TO!!!!! Atleast then that poor baby would know what love is. LOVE isnt trying to kill your baby. people like you shouldnt get babies. leave alone pregnant

Reply to I agree
Posted by: Pro Babies | 2009-01-12

sorry we do not share your same sentiment about the poor woman having to go throught he trauma of abortion. Maybe it is because we are thinking about the baby being murdered.

Reply to Pro Babies
Posted by: Fundi | 2009-01-09

I agree with Sally. THis is a panel for advise, not for bashing or critisising. I would advise you to seek professional help asap, as you are 17 weeks already.

Good luck and hope everthing works out for you.

Reply to Fundi
Posted by: FTM | 2009-01-09

I will try to remain as calm as possible when I type this!

If you were raped why didn' t you have yourself checked out early... taken a morning after pill etc.?

If you had unprotected sex why punish the baby for your negligence?
And you have the audacity to ask how safe it will be for you? Why, it will be a life for a life if you don' t make it!

If you want to play with grown-up toys have grown-up responsibility!

There are thousands of women trying to conceive, crying daily over miscarriges and infertility!

Do you know how far developed that little baby is at 17 Weeks???

If you can' t afford to have the baby give him/her up for adoption.

I am 22 Weeks pregnant and proud to carry this blessing / gift from God!

I will pray for you!

Reply to FTM
Posted by: Sally | 2009-01-09

I think it' s very rude of people to comment negatively on your situation when they don' t understand what you are going through.

Abortions these days are safe, many woman do it and you shouldn' t listen to those who say you are " selfish" .

My opion is that you seek proffesional advice and get as much support as you can from family and friends.

There will come another time when you are ready to have a baby. These days, who wants to raise a child in a brocken home and with no money.

Don' t worry, it all will be ok, and whatever decision you make, it will be the right one :) :) :)

Reply to Sally
Posted by: tt | 2009-01-09

this is for people with real problems, what were u doing if u didn' t want to have a baby, some people are trying very hard &  u want to kill the baby. How selfish.

Reply to tt