Question
Posted by: Susan | 2011-09-27

I need a way to calm down quickly.

Hi, I am having a major problem with a unit in my complex and the Body Corporate, to the extent that I am considering laying a charge of intimidation against the owner of the unit. I am so stressed about the situation and so scared for my animals, I am panicking something terrible. What can I do to calm myself down- I haven’ t eaten since yesterday, I didn’ t sleep well, I have a terrible headache and my left arm is twitching and driving me nuts. Any methods I can try at work to relax?

Eat. You need food in you, whether or not you feel hungry. Low blood suger can be causing or amplifying many of these symptoms. Make sure you have good legal advice on what you ( and they ) can and cannot do. If you can manage to see a psychologist, he/she could coach you in self-relaxation techniques to calm down, which will help to diminish the sense of panic, and help sleep, too. Although I don't recommend their long-term use, sedative tranquillizers of the valium family can help you to feel calmer, and some even dissolve and can be absorbed when placed under the tongue, for more rapid effects. Be cautious that they don't mix well with alcohol, can affect driving, and can make you drowsy when you may need to be moderately alert ; but in modest doses, by taking the edge off the extremes of anxiety, they may help you both to feel better and be more effective

2
Posted by: Obvious! | 2011-09-27

Why not just solve the problem and eliminate the cause of your anxiety?
Why not seek legal advice - someone is in the wrong - either you or them. Sort it out and you will feel ok again.......

Reply to Obvious!