Posted by: Mild acne scars and pigmentation | 2009-07-13

I need a chemical peel or laser skin rejuvenation

Dear Doc

Several years ago my dermatologist prescribed an ointment to treat pigmentation marks on my face, which was caused by the pill and exposure to the sun. It worked wonders, though i dont suffer from acne no more, i still hav light pigmentation -and acne scars on my cheeks which does not go away, i would like to know if a chemical peel would get rid of it? And how much it costs in Pretoria area?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi ‘Mild acne scars and pigmentation’, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my answer.
This is a difficult question to answer over the net as one would need to examine the skin and perform a VISIA skin analysis to determine the extent of the pigmentation and the type of acne scarring before advising the appropriate treatment. My advice is to make an appointment with your dermatologist or with Dr Marianne Duvenage.